I initially saw this cat on IG feed and the write up was slightly different, and definitely didn't have the "experts" comments on it. Reading those now make me laugh.
I was drawn to Gizmo because we were looking for a shop cat and he wasn't a kitten.
I didn't understand the 'too excited' or 'lots of personality' lol about him until I went to pick him up at the shelter. He definitely is all cat in the most independent and domineering ways.
Exploring his new home - he demands his space but also demands attention but then struggles on how to handle the attention
He's Huge. Hence the name Gordo.
I took a regular cat carrier in to pick him up and they snickered at it
and let me have a larger one to take him home in.
Spending time w 'Bastard Bob' 😉
He loves the ottoman in front of the fireplace.
He's got it pretty good!
He does alright w the dogs. He gets along better w Maggie.
Huck and him have gotten into words a couple time,
Huck just ignores him most the time.
After a few months we let him start exploring outside the shop, I really think he was strictly a house cat before we got him. He's adjusting well and really likes to get outside and roll around in the sunshine.
He has become braver and more confident, expanding him roaming area.
He leaves the chickens alone, which we were pretty worried about due to his size.
And he's made his way up to the house and now knows where we go and REALLY wants to come in!
But at the end of the day he heads back to the shop and his bed and gets safely shut in for the night.









No comments:
Post a Comment