Monday morning I headed downstairs to see how Jaxon was doing getting ready for school. He had decided that he was going to have cold lunch and had gotten most of his sandwich done by the time I got to the kitchen...The Pepperoni Sandwich... he had placed 5 pieces of pepperoni and 5 chunks of cheese on two slices of bread that had been lathered in mayo. It was one of those what do I do moments. Clearly that is not quite the healthiest of sandwiches, albeit the whole wheat bread, but he had done it all be himself, which he was quite proud of! So I helped him finish and put some healthier options in his lunch box to go w his pepperoni sandwich and suggested maybe next time try a different kind of sandwich so we can have the pepperoni for pizzas and snacks??? Such a cutie
And my second favorite "Jaxonism" for that day was when he learned that he had a 'makeup' game this Saturday.
"What's a makeup game?" We thought we explained it well, but clearly didn't initially pick up on the dual meaning of makeup. It wasn't until he asked if they were supposed to wear black and white that it occurred to me that he thought facial 'makeup' game!
So after we were all on the same page he aks " Why don't they call it a 'make-it-up' game instead of a 'makeup' game?'' Good question Buddy!!
May 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment