remember all the times I had with them and the wonderful people they were. They both loved spring-time immensely, for different reasons.
My mom was a teacher and I think the warming weather and longer days reminded her that the school year was just about to let out for the summer. Not only did that bring her a break from her students but it also brought a slight break in her own childrens busy schedules. Now that I'm a mom, I can't imagine trying to keep up wih 4 very active children, that are all close in age, and three of them being boys, as she did.
My dad loved being outdoors. He would plant the biggest gardens ( as kids we didn't appreciate this) and take care of it and the yard and the pastures - 4 acres in all. He would later earn a 'master gardener' certification and started dabbling in grafting plants and was learning about honeybees in hopes of starting his own
Bleeding Hearts, Columbines, Jacob's Ladder, Tulips, Pansies, Creeping Myrtle and a beautiful Rose are just a few of the flowers that appear every spring and are beautiful reminders of two of the most wonderful people in my life.
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! How wonderful that all these flowers and the spring remind you of your parents. I love that big yellow flower that looks like it's going to reach out and bite your hand!
ReplyDelete