Friday, March 9, 2012

The Day Before Spring Break



  My day starts at 6:00 am, hop in the shower and get just enough ready so I can get Ethan to the bus stop at 6:50 and I wake up Jaxon on the way out the door. Get back home at 7:05, Jaxon's still sitting on his bed in his Optimus Prime boxer briefs. Get him going again, run downstairs and start making lunches for Jaxon and I, pour him Tootie Frooties and am apparently complaining outloud about how I wish the kids would move a little faster in the mornings (haven't seen Morgan upstairs yet) so I'd get a little more help. This is when Jaxon pipes up and says "Mom, I know what you need.... you need a boost rocket (aka jet pack)." Yep, Maybe that would help :) About this time a friend texts me from Trax to let me know I have ten minutes before the train is at my stop...not making that train with her this morning.
     Morgan surfaces from the basement about this time. I run upstairs, finish getting ready and we head out the door about 7: 38 to catch the 7:43 Trax train to the U. There's a wreck at the entrance to our neighborhood, so no direct shot across the road by car to the Trax parking lot. I hop out of the car and run across the street and catch the train just as it pulls up! Morgan continues on to drop Jaxon off at preschool and then on to her school. (SO grateful that she is a driver, don't know how we'd do it w out her).
     I get into my medsurg/patho class only 10 minutes late and enjoy the next 3 hrs learning about disease prosesses of the pulmonary system. Next up was my health policies class exam, blahhhh.... I was a little worried about this exam but it turned out to be not as bad as I had feared. But we couldn't leave just yet, we had to wait around and have an hour long lecture after evryone was done, really?!?!
     Finally, at 14:20 lecture was done and we are running down the hill to catch Trax home and finally start Spring Break. We barely make it on TRAX and then just as get to theTrolley Square area stop, we're instructed to unload from our train and hop on the other train. As we're doing this we notice a man laying on the floor in the last car of the train we're boarding. Thinking I was going to actually get to try out some of these new nursing skills I've been learning, my friends and I head over to see if we can help. Anyways, come to find out, it was a man who had just had way too much to drink. The maddening thing about it was we missed our train... they detached from the one we were on and left us! Apparently that's standard protocol when there's a passed out passenger.
     I make it home at 16:30, after a nice visit with my good friend and neighbor on my walk home from the station. Next on the agenda is Ethan's piano practice at 17:00 and while he's there for a half hour I run to pick up Jaxon from preschool then back to get ethan. We all get back home around 17:45.
    Boost Rocket OFF 
      Spring Break ON!!!!

1 comment: