Happy Birthday to You
Yeah...new boots!
What a busy fun day today was. It started early with a wake up Happy Birthday Song, then she got to drive to school in a birthday decorated up car. Mid morning we all met back at Jaxon's preschool for his Christmas program with a surprise visit from Santa.
The low point of the day was when I had to bee-line it to the U to take a Pharmacology exam - at least I got an 'A' on it- and stay around for a review for the final for next week. Luckily, Mitch had the day off from work to help shuttle and run arrands. He picked out baked a very yummy cake too!
When I finally got home we headed to Johnny Carrinos for dinner, Mo's 2nd pick. Her first pick was packed - really on a Thursday night? Then back home to hurry and open presents and have Birthday cake so she wouldn't be late for indoor comp soccer.... whew
A side thought: As we were heading to Johnnys amongst the cluster of restaurants, bitter sweet memories surfaced of the times spend at the bbq restaurant, Famous Daves, with my parents (my dads fave pick everytime he'd come to visit), or the time my mom 'made' us try Eat At Joes with her, and we all ended up regretting it. Also, the more recent memories of eating at Johnnys with my mom for Morgan's birthday 3 years ago and then again 2 years ago after us three girls went and watched the first Twilight movie. I think they spent a little time with us there again tonight.... I sure miss them.
A side thought: As we were heading to Johnnys amongst the cluster of restaurants, bitter sweet memories surfaced of the times spend at the bbq restaurant, Famous Daves, with my parents (my dads fave pick everytime he'd come to visit), or the time my mom 'made' us try Eat At Joes with her, and we all ended up regretting it. Also, the more recent memories of eating at Johnnys with my mom for Morgan's birthday 3 years ago and then again 2 years ago after us three girls went and watched the first Twilight movie. I think they spent a little time with us there again tonight.... I sure miss them.
No comments:
Post a Comment