A few months ago, when it seemed like it was always raining, I was sitting at the table for breakfast having 'fwoot whoops' with Jaxon. He was watching the rain fall. I would have assumed 'mindlessly watching' since that was the state I'm sure I was in, but I guess a 4 yr old is always thinking, analyzing, wondering. So, he turns to me and says "Me need to get a cape so me can fly up to the clouds and turn off the hose" pause "but me need to be careful for helicopters and airplanes".
Another one...
Strapped into his carseat in the backseat of my car running errands with me seems to be another time and place that Jaxon does a lot of thinking and chatting. This time he was apparently thinking back on the recent doctor visit he had had as well as going to see my doctor with me. He received 3 shots in one thigh and 2 in another thigh at his visit and then watched me have blood drawn. He starts out talking about doctors helping us stay healthy and then asks me what my doctors name was. I tell him. He thinks about it and then asks my what his doctors name was. I told him I couldn't remember at that moment. He thinks about that and says " Me think it is Dr. Shots."
And one with Mitch...
Mitch and the kids decide they're going to walk from our house to the 4th of July parade, about a mile away. Jaxon shows up ready to go with sandals on. Mitch tries to talk him into wearing his tennis shoes since it's gonna be a 'long' walk. Jaxon wins and away he goes with his sandals on. Well, he ends up tripping and falling two or three times on the way, scraping elbows and knees. Then on the way home he trips again, more road rash. When they're about a block away from home he spots a big puddle in the road and decides to splash through it. But instead he ends up slipping and falling in. Mitch picks up his dirty, wet, bleeding, crying little boy and figures now is a good time to instill the sandals vs. shoes lesson. " So what do you think you should have worn today?" asks Mitch. Without missing a beat Jaxon replies "Swimming shorts."
Hahaha... Quick witted little thing. I wonder where he gets it :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! These stories should definitely make the scrapbook!
ReplyDelete