Mitch got us out of Salt Lake via I-15 to Ogden, this is where the journey began for us. We had Morgan drive from Hwy 89 into Brigham City just to get her warmed up since it has less traffic and a slower speed than I-15. She did great, so she continued her drive through Logan Canyon ALL THE WAY to St. Charles, ID.
If your not familiar with this route it contains steep inclines and declines, switch backs, curves, only two very narrow lanes, abrupt edges to either the ragging, swollen river or rocky cliffs or sheer drop offs. Oh and I'm pretty sure there are a couple loop to loops as well! Needless to say
On our way home her challenge was I-15 from Ogden to home. (Mitch drove us back through the canyon of death this time). I learned from previous experience to completely occupy myself in the backseat with movies and Nintendo ds and do not look out the window! I think she did pretty good ... she did mention she preferred diving on I-15 as opposed to the Canyon! I think Mitch's stategy was to give her the hardest driving experience first...then all else will be a Sunday drive.
| Don't let her fool ya with that smile |
| Still in a daze after the ride! |
| The creeks and lake are so full! |
| Mitch's night to cook |
| Trying to stick an axe in a log from 6 feet away. What a great thing for boys to learn! |
Oh and as usual Bear Lake was as wonderful and relaxing as it always is! What a fun overnighter it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment