Friday, June 4, 2021

Hikes

Hiking Whychus  https://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide/Whychus_Creek-Deschutes_River_Confluence

Every once in a while our schedules all work out and we get a day off together. Mo and I asked E to come along on a hike with us. Of course he said yes but I think he kinda wondered about his decision later. We usually only have so much time until Mo needs to be back to pick up D from school. Her and I typically start out after she drops him off, we get our hike or trail run in and then find a place for lunch and a drink. Well, E had some things he needed to get done first so we didn't hit the trail as early as we'd have like to. So by the time we got to the turn around point at the confluence of the Whychus River w the Deschutes River, we realized we were running out of time and may not have time for our lunch and drink - honestly this may be our true motivation/reward/treat (whatever you want to call it)for getting out and exercising!

Taking in the views before heading out

Well, we turned this hike into a trail run -our main motivation is on the line! Greatly unappreciated by E, but he's a great sport and jogged along w us. I love that our pictures of us heading out all had him jogging!


Another beautiful place to hike...


And this hike, Horny Hollow, is just in our own back yard. I enjoy it because it's close, it has a nice choice of distances and loops.

This is two different days taking just one dog at a time. 

I've tried trail running w Maggie a couple times and have come to the conclusion that it's just not her thing. She prefers quick, fast runs and less heat! She seems to get bored w my pace 😂! Then she'll sit in the shade of trees and refuse to continue !

Huck has turned out to be quite the adventure buddy. He's always watching whenever I'm getting shoes on and getting ready to leave- hopeful he gets to go along - even when I'm headed to work. He just likes to get out, sit in the truck looking out the windows and going on any adventure.
And he plugs along nicely at my speed!



No comments:

Post a Comment