Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Making pumpkin pies on Wednesday
 
Originally I decided that since the majority of us were working on Thanksgiving that we would wait until the weekend or maybe just let it pass on by. But then I worried that I shouldn't let the importance of Thanksgiving and being w family be skipped, but shared w Jaxon. So very last minute I let the kids know thanksgiving , albeit small, was on.
 

Jaxon really enjoyed learning how to make pies, telling him how Grandpa Dale prided himself on making the flakiest crusts,(wish I had the recipe, but I really don't think it was written down), although I prefer the ease of rolling out the Pillsbury ones, and how Grandma Ginger would make the pretty edges on the pie crusts
 
Thursday morning after getting home from work I helped Mitch and Jaxon lay out the making of dinner plans and then went to bed. At 4 pm when I woke they had the Turkey, stuffing, gravy, steamed broccoli, cranberry, olives and of course pumpkin pie- just our faves.
 

Morgan picked up the Thanksgiving shift at the hospital,
which made it nice working the holiday w family

No comments:

Post a Comment