Our Most Adventurous Mountain Bike Ride thus far!!
We decided to take the long loop through over the Smith Rock area which consisted of going up and over the mountain instead of just following the river trail along the base of the mountain and then backtracking, which we had done a couple times already, albeit hiking!
Not sure why I didn't think to take pictures looking down from the top at what we had accomplished or from the bottom up... it could be the views that captivate and distract me or it could be from oxygen deprivation and exhaustion when we pause to rest.
The landscapes are pretty amazing
Mitch and Jaxon out on the edge.
That really was a 'hold on I'm not ready for a pix', not 'we're number one!' Although I am pretty proud of myself for making this ride, especially since the first time the boys took me out (in May) I refused to ride the narrow, steep, snowy trail!
Back down on the bottom.

No comments:
Post a Comment