What a way to start a month. After months of waiting I finally got the word that I was accepted into the nursing program at the U! I'll be starting in the fall and be done in 4 semesters.I've enjoyed the time away from school and although I'm not looking forward to the all the studying, I am so excited to learn and start working in the nursing field.
I guess I'm still learning that things happen for a reason even though at the time I get so frusterated that it didn't go my way, the way I had planned. Luckily as it turns out, I had that extra wait to get into the program. It was during this time that I was able to stay with my mother and be with her in her time of need, precious time that I will treasure.
My other great news was landing a job at the hospital that I have been volunteering for. The hours and days fit well with the busy family schedule without having to miss out on too much. I'm thinking I'll be able to maintain this as I go to school as well. A nice foot in the door!
When I was filling out the application for the job it seemed so useless since I had no experience in the medical field and all my work experience was from a zillion years ago. So I'm glad I'll have this to add to my resume/application when the time arises.
Lesson learned...patience.... oh, and that I don't always no best!
No comments:
Post a Comment